As the airline with Heart, we invited our Employees, Customers and friends to join us in inspiring One Million Acts of Kindness. You answered the call! Communities came together to plant trees. Neighbors checked on each other. Employees celebrated each other’s accomplishments. Because we reached our goal, we launched a One Million Dollars of Thanks contest.
Total Acts of Kindness*
*As of September 2021
Thanks for your interest!
We’re currently reviewing all submissions from organizations around the country who are spreading kindness in their communities. Winners will be notified via email the week of October 11th. If you have any questions regarding the contest, please email:
In the meantime, we encourage you to keep putting your Heart in Action. Need inspiration? Scroll down for ideas on how you can make someone’s day a little brighter through a simple Act of Kindness.
Heart in Action.
You can show your Heart and make a difference in the lives of the people around you by committing to small Acts of Kindness each and every day. Take the pledge below to help us make the world a better place — one Act of Kindness at a time.
I pledge to spark Acts of Kindness
One at a time, sprinkling compassion around the world.
I will practice Hospitality, making people feel welcomed, cared for, and appreciated.
I will treat others with courtesy, politeness, and respect.
I will do little things, because little things make a big difference.
I commit to putting my Heart in Action, sharing a smile and a little bit of love to make someone’s day a little brighter.
Kindness Pledges Taken
See how others are putting their Hearts in Action.
Need some inspiration?
Our generator provides Acts of Kindness that you can put into practice every day. Even small actions can make a huge difference.
Donate Rapid Rewards® Points.
Join in support of causes that matter. You can help by donating Rapid Rewards points to charities in our Points for a Purpose Program.
One Million Acts of Kindness. One Million Dollars of Thanks Contest (“Contest”)
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID IN ALASKA, PUERTO RICO AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
- Eligibility: To enter the Contest, you must be a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization (“Organization”) in the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Alaska) with a valid Organization email account at the time of entry. Employees of Southwest Airlines Co. (“Sponsor”), Advantage Sales & Marketing LLC d/b/a AMP Agency (“Administrator”), their advertising and promotions agencies, and their immediate families (spouse and parents, children and siblings and their spouses) and individuals living in the same households of such employees are ineligible. Eligibility is contingent on agreement to, and compliance with, these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. This Contest is offered in the United States only and shall only be construed and evaluated according to United States law. Do not enter this Contest if you are not located in the United States.
- To Enter: Contest starts on September 13, 2021 at 12:00 AM Pacific Time (“PT”) and ends on September 17, 2021 at 11:59 PM PT (“Contest Period”).
To enter the Contest, Organization must complete all fields of the application at https://southwest50.com/actsofkindness/ to receive one (1) entry into the Contest. You must enter (i) name of organization; (ii) EIN; (iii) contact information (name, title, email) ; (iv) organization type; (v) mission statement; (vi) 200 words or less in a clear and specific description of how your organization would use 100 domestic one-way Southwest flight e-passes to promote kindness in your community; (vii) location of organization’s headquarters; (viii) a photo of your organization putting your Heart into Action; and (ix) a high resolution logo. All entries become property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Incomplete entries are not eligible. Organizations who do not follow all of the instructions, provide the required information in their application, and/or abide by these Official Rules or other instructions of Sponsor may be disqualified. Entries must be received by September 17, 2021 at 11:59 PM PT to be eligible. Entries limited to one (1) per Organization. Administrator’s servers are the official timekeeping device for this Contest.
By posting your Submission, Participant (defined below) agrees that it conforms to the guidelines and content restrictions below and that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may remove your Submission and disqualify you from the Contest if it believes your Submission fails to conform.
- Submission must contain the necessary information.
- Submission caption must be in English.
- The Submission must not contain any music.
- Submission must be the original work of the Participant and may not include content created by a third party such as images or artwork.
- Any person other than the Participant included in Submission must have expressly authorized the Participant to display their image or likeness. If requested, Participant must be able to provide such permissions or proof in a form acceptable to Sponsor.
- Submission may not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including, but not limited to, privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement.
- Submission may not depict any person who is under the age of nineteen (19).
- Submission must NOT include images of third parties/people, who have not expressly authorized entrant to display their image or likeness.
- Submission must NOT contain material which is (or promote activities which are) sexually explicit, obscene, pornographic, violent (e.g., relating to murder, cruelty, abuse, etc.), discriminatory (based on race, sex, religion, natural origin, physical disability, sexual orientation or age), illegal (e.g. underage drinking, substance abuse, computer hacking, etc.), offensive, threatening, profane, or harassing or which is otherwise inappropriate in the sole discretion of the Sponsor, nor may image contain any derogatory references to Sponsor or any other person or entity. Submissions may not be indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, or libelous or contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, or disparage Sponsor or any other person or party affiliated with the Contest, or contain material that is unlawful in any way.
- Submission must not contain or transmit any materials that contain software viruses or other computer code, files or programs designed to impair, limit, interfere with or cause harm to any communications network operated by the Sponsor or the computers of any individual or entity participating in or otherwise associated with the Sweepstakes.
- Submission may not contain personally identifiable information about the participant or any other person, such as last name, address, phone number, email address or any contact information.
- Submission may not portray a dangerous stunt.
- The Submission cannot have been submitted previously in a promotion of any kind.
Permissions: If requested, Participant must be able to provide such permissions or proof in a form acceptable to Sponsor.
Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Submission that it finds unlawful, or in violation of these Official Rules, all in its sole discretion. If requested, Participant will sign any documentation required for Sponsor or its designees to make use of the non-exclusive rights Participant is granting to use the content. Sponsor is not responsible for late or incomplete entries, which will be disqualified. Submissions must not disparage; contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, offensive, illegal, or vulgar; or promote bigotry, racism, hatred or discrimination based on race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation.
By entering, and/or claiming any prize, Participant grants Sponsor an irrevocable, perpetual, royalty-free, freely transferable license to use the Submission for all purposes, in any and all media, whether now known or hereafter devised, including as may be modified or edited by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Submissions must be originals and not be copied. Submissions must be entirely original, and may not violate any third party rights nor use any third-party intellectual property such as copyrights, trademarks, logos, or background signs. Participants acknowledge and agree that their Submission does not violate any rights of privacy or publicity and that they have all releases and written consents necessary to permit the exhibition and use of the likeness(es) of all persons (and pets, if applicable) appearing in a Submission for all purposes as set forth in these Official Rules, without additional compensation. Any Submission that is not compliant with these Official Rules will be deemed void at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Entries must be sent and received during the Contest Period in order to be eligible. Unintelligible entries; entries with incomplete, invalid, incorrect, or noncurrent information; entries that are counterfeit, damaged, or tampered with in any way; and entries with printing, production, or typographical errors will be disqualified. Disqualified entries and entries that are late, lost, damaged, misdirected, stolen, or not delivered are not the responsibility of the Sponsor. Use of any device to automate entry is prohibited. Proof of submission of an entry shall not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for entries misdelivered, delayed, or not received due to difficulty accessing the Internet, service outage or delays, computer difficulties or other technological glitches. By entering this Contest, you give your full and unconditional agreement to abide by these Official Rules.
No photocopied, mechanically, or electronically reproduced entries accepted. Automated entries are prohibited, and any use of automated devices will cause disqualification. Participants may not enter with multiple email addresses nor may Participants use any other device or artifice to enter multiple times or as multiple entrants. Duplicate entries will result in only the entry with the first timestamp being eligible for judging. Any attempt by any person found to enter or in any way attempt to obtain more than the authorized number of entries may be found to be ineligible, and their entries may be disqualified all as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Any eligible Organization participating in this Sweepstakes shall be a “Participant.” Participation must be by the Participant. Multiple Participants are not permitted to share the same email account or represent the same organization. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a Participant, the authorized account holder of the email account used to enter the Contest will be deemed to be the Participant. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an account by the organization which is responsible for assigning such accounts or the account associated with the submitted email address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized email account holder. If the identity of the individual who actually participated in the Contest cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, the affected individual’s Submission will be deemed ineligible.
Participants are required to provide truthful information and Sponsor will reject and delete any entry that it discovers to be false or fraudulent. Sponsor will disqualify any entry from individuals who do not meet the eligibility requirements.
- Selection of Winner: This is a contest of skill. Your chances of winning depend on how well your entry reflects the judging criteria, as compared to the other entries in the Contest.
Judging will be based on the following categories:
- * Organization demonstrated how the travel awards will be used to spread kindness: 25%
- * Organization described clearly and specifically how they’ll use the tickets: 25%
- * Organization’s photo demonstrates their Heart in Action: 25%
- * Organization read and complied with the Official Rules: 25%
- * In the event of a tie, the Submission with the highest score relating to how the travel awards will be used to spread kindness will win.
- Based on the above criteria, the top Contest Submissions will be selected by a panel of judges provided by Sponsor between September 27 and October 6, 2021. Participants need not be present to win. All potential winners are subject to eligibility verification by Sponsor. A PARTICIPANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE, EVEN IF NOTIFIED OF BEING A PRIZE WINNER, UNLESS AND UNTIL THE PARTICIPANT’S ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED.
- Sponsor will notify potential winner via email. Upon validation, potential winner must execute and return the Required Documentation (as defined below).
- Southwest Airlines flight e-passes: Fifty (50) Participants will each be awarded one hundred (100) domestic one-way Southwest flight e-passes (subject to Air Travel Restrictions set forth below). Each individual Southwest flight e-pass is valid for one-way travel. Two (2) Southwest flight e-passes are needed to book roundtrip travel. Approximate retail value (“ARV”) of one (1) flight e-pass is $200. ARV of flight e-passes awarded to each Participant is $20,000. ARV of all flight e-passes is $1,000,000. ARV is as of the date of printing of these Official Rules. The difference in value of prize as stated herein and value at time of prize notification, if any, will not be awarded.
Flight e-passes must be accepted as awarded or they will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. Once the winner accepts the prize and returns all Required Documentation (as defined below) to Sponsor, winner is solely responsible for payment of taxes, if any, for the entire prize awarded, even if, for any reason, the winner does not use the entire prize. Travel accommodations and other restrictions apply. All costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided, including but not limited to lodging, transportation costs, meals, gratuities and other expenses incurred by accepting the prize, are the sole responsibility of the winner. No travel substitutions, cash equivalent, or transfer of e-passes permitted except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor.
Air Travel Restrictions: Air travel is subject to Southwest Airlines terms and conditions; certain restrictions may apply. Each Southwest flight e-pass is valid for one-way travel on Southwest Airlines-operated, published, scheduled service in the United States and Puerto Rico. The Southwest flight e-pass will bear the date of issue and the date of expiration. Expiration dates will not be extended, and travel must be completed on or before the expiration date. The Southwest flight e-pass is not valid on interline or codeshare service. The Southwest flight e-pass is non-refundable and is not redeemable for cash or credit. The Southwest flight e-pass will not be replaced for any reason, including, without limitation, if lost, stolen, or fraudulently used. The Southwest flight e-pass is non-transferrable and cannot be sold to a third party. Sale, auction, or re-tendering of the Southwest flight e-pass for money or otherwise is strictly prohibited. The Southwest flight e-pass may not be used for promotional purposes unless previously approved by Southwest Airlines. Any suspected fraud, misrepresentation, misuse, abuse or violation of the Southwest flight e-pass rules and regulations may result in cancellation of the Southwest flight e-pass(es). Southwest flight e-pass holders are required to be nineteen (19) years of age or older and a legal U.S. resident. However, the recipient of a Southwest flight e-pass may arrange travel for another person if done without selling or bartering a Southwest flight e-pass. Air transportation by Southwest Airlines is subject to Southwest Airlines’ Passenger Contract of Carriage set out at www.southwest.com/contractofcarriage. If the traveler does not live in a city served by Southwest Airlines, he/she is responsible for transportation to and from the nearest airport served by Southwest Airlines. Traveler is responsible for booking all travel and paying all applicable international taxes and fees. Travel is based on seat availability. Seats on any desired flight are not guaranteed. Traveler must have valid government-issued photo identification at the time of travel. If the traveler is a minor, traveler must be accompanied by his/her parent/guardian.
- Claiming of e-passes: Winner will be notified by email and will be required to complete a form on CyberGrants, including additional Organization information (“Required Documentation”). If the winner is not an existing CyberGrants member, winner must register with CyberGrants prior to receiving the Required Documentation, which will be emailed to the winner. Once the winner is confirmed, winner will receive an email containing a secured link to CyberGrants for e-pass fulfillment. If a potential winner cannot be contacted using the information provided or fails to respond to Sponsor’s attempt to notify them of selection within five (5) days; if any notification is returned as undeliverable or yields an error of undeliverable type “bounce back” email (regardless if the message is ultimately delivered to the recipient); if Sponsor is unable to verify potential winner’s eligibility; if potential winner fails to complete and return the Required Documentation within the required time period or fails to comply with these Official Rules; if e-passes are returned undeliverable; if a potential winner is unable or unwilling to accept the e-passes as stated; or if the potential winner cannot be verified as eligible for any other reason, the potential winner is disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected from among the eligible entries. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, the next received and eligible Submission received by Sponsor that is fully compliant with these Official Rules shall be deemed the winner, until the e-passes are awarded or until two (2) attempts have been made to award the e-passes and each attempt has failed. Sponsor will identify each potential winner and verify the potential winner’s eligibility after the end of the Contest Period. If unable to verify eligibility, Sponsor will select an alternate potential winner within a reasonable time thereafter.
- Conditions: Payments of all applicable federal, state, and local taxes are solely the responsibility of the winner. E-passes of $600 or more will be reported to the IRS for the calendar year in which the e-passes are awarded.
By participating in the Contest, Organization agrees to have its name, logo, and/or Contest entry used in any advertising or broadcasting material, whether relating to this Contest or otherwise, in any media, worldwide, now known or hereinafter developed, in perpetuity, without additional notice, payment, or other compensation unless prohibited by law, and, where legal, to sign a publicity release confirming such consent prior to acceptance of the prize.
Sponsor is not responsible for lost, stolen, mangled, misdelivered, postage due, illegible, incomplete or late entries, telephone service outages, delays, busy signals, equipment malfunctions and any other technological difficulties that may prevent an individual from entering or claiming a prize.
Sponsor, it its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process, the operation of Sponsor’s website, or otherwise in violation of the Official Rules. Sponsor further reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Contest if it is not capable of completion as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right, but not the obligation, to award any applicable prize(s) from the entries submitted before the cancellation, suspension, or modification of the Contest. Any attempt to undermine the operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Sponsor reserves the right to make changes in the Official Rules, including the substitution of a prize of greater or equivalent value, which will become effective upon announcement.
Failure to comply with the Official Rules may result in Participant’s disqualification solely at the discretion of the Sponsor.
The Sponsor is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the Contest, or in the announcement of a prize. In any case, the final winner of all prizes will be determined, and prizes will be awarded, within a reasonable time after the end of the Contest Period, except as agreed between Sponsor and winner.
In the event a prize is mailed or emailed to a winner, it will be with the prior written consent of the winner and therefore, winner assumes the risk of its loss. Sponsor is not responsible for the safe arrival of a prize. Sponsor is not responsible if potential winner does not receive his/her prize because erroneous, expired, canceled, fraudulent, or fake information was provided during the Contest. Only the prize(s) set forth in these Official Rules will be awarded. If, through printing or production error, or for any other reason whatsoever, more prizes are claimed than intended and/or set forth in these Official Rules, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes from all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
Sponsor is not liable to a winner or to any other person for failure to supply the prizes described herein (or any part thereof) by reason of such prizes (or any portion thereof) becoming unavailable or impracticable to award for reasons beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor, or for any force majeure event, technical or equipment failure, terrorist acts, labor dispute, pandemic, or act/omission of any kind (whether legal or illegal), transportation interruption, civil disturbance, or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor.
Participation in any prize event is subject to winner’s (and guest’s) consent to and compliance with all health and safety policies of the Sponsor, including but not limited to the wearing of masks.
- Indemnification; Limitation of Liability: NEITHER SPONSOR, ADMINISTRATOR, NOR THEIR SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATED ENTITIES IS RESPONSIBLE FOR PRINTING OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS IN ANY CONTEST-RELATED MATERIALS OR TRANSACTIONS THAT ARE PROCESSED LATE OR INCORRECTLY OR ARE LOST DUE TO COMPUTER OR ELECTRONIC MALFUNCTION.
SPONSOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR LOST, STOLEN, MANGLED, MISDELIVERED, POSTAGE DUE, ILLEGIBLE, INCOMPLETE OR LATE ENTRIES, TELEPHONE SERVICE OUTAGES, DELAYS, BUSY SIGNALS, EQUIPMENT MALFUNCTIONS AND ANY OTHER TECHNOLOGICAL DIFFICULTIES THAT MAY PREVENT AN INDIVIDUAL FROM ENTERING OR CLAIMING A PRIZE.
THIS CONTEST OFFER IS BEING MADE EXCLUSIVELY BY THE SPONSOR. SPONSOR AND ADMINISTRATOR ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR TECHNICAL, HARDWARE, SOFTWARE, OR TELEPHONE FAILURE OF ANY KIND, LOST OR UNAVAILABLE NETWORK CONNECTIONS OR FRAUD, INCOMPLETE, GARBLED, OR DELAYED COMPUTER TRANSMISSION WHETHER CAUSED BY SPONSOR, USER, OR BY ANY OF THE EQUIPMENT OR PROGRAMMING ASSOCIATED WITH OR UTILIZED IN THE CONTEST, OR BY ANY TECHNICAL OR HUMAN ERROR WHICH MAY OCCUR IN THE PROCESS OF SUBMISSIONS WHICH MAY LIMIT A PARTICIPANT'S ABILITY TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS CONTEST. NEITHER SPONSOR, ADMINISTRATOR, NOR THEIR SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATED ENTITIES IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR INJURY INCURRED BY WINNER AND GUESTS AS A RESULT OF WINNING.
BY ENTERING, PARTICIPANTS AGREE TO RELEASE, HOLD HARMLESS, DEFEND AND INDEMNIFY EACH OF SPONSOR, ADMINISTRATOR, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS, AND ANY AND ALL OTHER COMPANIES ASSOCIATED WITH THIS CONTEST (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) AGAINST ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, DAMAGES, OR CAUSES OR ACTION (HOWEVER NAMED OR DESCRIBED), RELATED TO OR ARISING OUT OF (I) THE CONTEST, (II) PARTICIPANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST, AND (III) THE RECEIPT OR USE OR MISUSE OF THE PRIZE(S) AWARDED HEREIN AND TRAVEL REDEEMED THEREWITH. POSSIBLE CLAIMS OR CAUSES OF ACTION INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO, INFRINGEMENT OF ANY RIGHT OF PUBLICITY OR INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY; THREATENED OR ACTUAL INJURY, LOSS, OR DAMAGE TO ANY PERSON, INCLUDING DEATH AND DISABILITY AND EXPOSURE, INFECTION AND/OR SPREAD OF COVID-19; DEFAMATION OR PORTRAYAL IN A FALSE LIGHT (INTENTIONAL AND UNINTENTIONAL); AND DAMAGE TO OR LOSS OF PROPERTY, ARISING OUT OF SUCH PARTICIPANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST OR RECEIPT OR USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE. IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASED PARTIES BE RESPONSIBLE FOR OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THIS CONTEST.
If for any reason a Participant's entry is confirmed to have been voided or corrupted by any grossly negligent act of the Sponsor, Participant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Contest, subject to availability and provided that the Contest has not then expired.
- Construction and Disputes: Participants waive any right to claim ambiguity in these Official Rules. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of any participant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the State of Texas, or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Texas. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these Official Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein. Any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees. Sponsor reserves the right to correct clerical or typographical errors in Contest materials or these Official Rules. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
THE EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION FOR ANY DISPUTE SHALL BE IN THE FEDERAL OR STATE COURTS LOCATED IN DALLAS COUNTY, TEXAS.
- Official Rules and Winners’ List: Official Rules and Winners’ List may be obtained by visiting https://southwest50.com/actsofkindness/.
- Sponsor: Southwest Airlines Co., 2702 Love Field Drive, Dallas, TX 75235.
- Administrator: Advantage Sales & Marketing LLC d/b/a AMP Agency, 18100 Von Karman Ave., Suite 1000, Irvine, CA 92612.